[mythtv-users] Can HDMI Make EPG Navigation Sluggish?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Aug 30 17:19:43 UTC 2008

On 08/30/2008 06:19 AM, The GUIGuy wrote:
> Today I connected our LG LCD screen through DVI-I (NVIDIA 7200GS) > HDMI
> today.
>
> No problems, except now navigating the EPG is sluggish and at times
> unresponsive for extended periods.
>
> Going back to a VGA video connection and EPG navigation is OK again.
>
> Any ideas what I should be troubleshooting here?

My guess is that the two different outputs are running at slightly
different refresh rates, such that the HDMI cable uses some refresh
that's >2x the video frame rate and the VGA doesn't.  Therefore, when
you play video on the HDMI output, Myth chooses to use your primary
deinterlacer--my guess being that it's bob--and when you use VGA it uses
a fallback.

Turn off bob deinterlacing.  IMHO, you should just plain set the
playback profile group to the default configuration of Slim.

Mike