[mythtv-users] Pvr-350 input/output quality

Jason Gauthier jgauthier at lastar.com
Sat Aug 30 21:41:45 UTC 2008

All,

     I've got a rig with a PVR-350.  I'm just now setting this up in a
new system.  Once I got the first TV out, I was surprised. The quality
of what I am seeing is heinous.   It looks as if every other line is
almost missing.  If I had to describe it's like interlaced, but worse.

A little history:

  I have no video card and am using the PVR-350 as the head display. X
looks great on both a monitor and a TV.

 I have tried both coaxial and svideo input in combination with the
svideo and composite output.

Nothing seems to matter.  I have had the PVR-350 running in another
system as I was 'testing' my myth setups.. and I definitely remember the
quality being far better.

I must be missing something.. somewhere.  Any theories, or advice
welcome.

Thanks,

Jason