[mythtv-users] X2 5000 enough to play HD?

kanetse@gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 01:07:22 UTC 2008

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 5:38 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> Just tried NULL, and it still had the same issue for me.  I'm quickly
> running out of ideas.  Oh well, I'll eventually either figure it out or
> replace the mobo with one that works.
>
> It actually works well enough as long as I only use 1x--though
> occasionally I have to reboot (turns out that my NIC performance is
> still degrading over time, too, but I'm pretty certain that's not the
> cause as moving a file to the local disk doesn't help).  It does have
> prebuffering pauses when I skip/jump, but they smooth out within a few
> seconds, so I can live with it 'til I figure it out.

So I swapped over to my Core2Duo machine with a different chipset
(Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3), and saw the same problem.  I now believe it
has something to do with AC3-encoded files.  I'm going to start a
different thread to see if someone else has seen this problem.  I'm
not even using digital out.