[mythtv-users] Trouble playing AC3-encoded recordings on analog audio

kanetse@gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 04:44:40 UTC 2008

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 9:09 PM, Allen Edwards
<allen.p.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> I say this to everyone, try and delete (rename) ALSA.conf and .asoundrc
> There are defaults that work fine.

I tried deleting /usr/share/alsa/alsa.conf, there was no .asoundrc to
delete , and all I ended up with was videos playing with no sound, and
no soundcard detected by the MythTV.  The videos didn't stutter
though... although without sound it's not really watchable.

I haven't adjusted anything from the defaults, since I've tried clean
installs from 3 different distros (CentOS5.2, Fedora 9, Mythbuntu);
and they all exhibit the same problem; essentially on default
settings.