[mythtv-users] Adding HD-Homerun to system

Christopher X. Candreva chris at westnet.com
Sun Aug 31 05:34:17 UTC 2008

I'm about to add a HD Homerun to my existing MythBackend, which currently
has a PVR-500 (North American, OTA reception only) . I was hoping to find a
write-up from someone who had done this, rather than just instructions for
setting up the HD-H , but wasn't able to do so.

What I found was this page, and I want to confirm it's still current:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Silicondust_HDHomeRun

Specificly it mentions having the HD-homerun scan for channels, something I
recall being told NOT to do with the PVR-500 . Does this procedure still
hold, and is there any chance of mucking up the existing PVR-500 setup ?