[mythtv-users] Audio Issues - not myth specific

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Aug 31 22:07:49 UTC 2008

Jason Gauthier wrote:
> All,
>

>   Make a long story short, I have an ASUS motherboard with C-Media 6501
> USB (onboard) audio. The audio works, even though the quality is crappy
> and distorted.  I’m not pursuing it heavily because the main reason I
> bought this board was the for SPDIF output.  Turns out.. it’s not supported.

<deletia>

If you can't find a PCI Express device there are USB and Firewire audio
devices with SPDIF. I don't know about Linux support though.

I have some analog only USB audio devices that I use with some slugs
(Linksys NSLU2) and they work fine with Linux.

http://www.usb-ware.com/sound-blaster-audigy-2-nx.htm

http://www.silentway.com/tips/equip/io.php

beww