[mythtv-users] automatic modules loading for ivtv

Boleslaw Ciesielski bolek-mythtv at curl.com
Mon Dec 1 01:43:49 UTC 2008

Claude Gélinas wrote:
> Fresh install of FC8 Mythtv from package. Work great but I can't find
> how to setup auto loading of some module.
>
> To get the X via PVR350 I have to manually load ivtvfb module then I can
> do startx. I want to boot automatically up to mythtv screen so where i
> put the command to laod that module soon enough that X will start
> correctly.

Create a new file in /etc/sysconfig/modules/ directory with .modules
extension and put something like this in it:

modprobe ivtvfb

etc. (you may have to make the file executable, not sure).

However, if you are doing fresh install anyway, why are you using F8? It
is going to be de-supported (including no new mythtv packages) in a
couple of weeks.

Bolek