[mythtv-users] problem on hybrid card that share same bus

Robert RobertCL at iname.com
Mon Dec 1 11:52:21 UTC 2008

On Mon, December 1, 2008 11:05 am, nicola76b at libero.it wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have just installed my hybrid card Hauppauge HVR-3000 (dvb-s, dvb-t,
> analogic) with mfe drivers.
>
> It works almost good under kaffeine, but I cannot
> get totally work on mythtv under which I configured analogic and dvb-s,
> but I
> cannot use dvb-t; that it is what I really need.
> The problem is the operation
> that follow the selection of DVB card, of few words I cannot select DVB
> Card
> number as 1 (the only existing choice is 0..)
> Reading information from kaffeine
> configuration I think DVB0:0 is dvb-s, DVB0:1 is dvb-t.
>
> If it is impossibile
> use (under mythtv) 2 different cards that share the same bus, is at least
> possible switch dvb-s and dvb-t? If yes, how?

The way I got around this problem is to create some symlinks in /dev/dvb.
I have a udev rule that automatically links DVB0:1 to DVB1:0 - then to
Mythtv it looks like I have two DVB cards when actually there is only one.

So my real devices are:
/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0, dvr1, etc

and I have symlinks
/dev/dvb/adapter1/dvr0 -> adapter0/dvr1
/dev/dvb/adapter1/demux0 -> adapter0/demux1
etc..

(Or you could use the single front end patch for the HVR3000 then you
select whether you want DVB-T or DVB-S with a module parameter - but if
your card is working, I'd say the symlink approach is easier)

Robert.