[mythtv-users] problem on hybrid card that share same bus

Robert RobertCL at iname.com
Mon Dec 1 13:20:12 UTC 2008

On Mon, December 1, 2008 1:02 pm, nicola76b at libero.it wrote:
> The way I got around this problem is to create some symlinks in /dev/dvb.
> have a udev rule that automatically links DVB0:1 to DVB1:0 - then to
> Mythtv it
> looks like I have two DVB cards when actually there is only one.
>
> So my real
> devices are:
> /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0, dvr1, etc
>
> and I have symlinks
>
> /dev/dvb/adapter1/dvr0 -> adapter0/dvr1
> /dev/dvb/adapter1/demux0 ->
> adapter0/demux1
> etc..
>
> (Or you could use the single front end patch for the
> HVR3000 then you
> select whether you want DVB-T or DVB-S with a module parameter
> - but if
> your card is working, I'd say the symlink approach is easier)
>
> Robert.
>

> Thank you very much Robert!!
> I don't really know what is a "udev rule" (I'll
> search for it..), but just I'll back home I'll try to create symbolic link
> as
> you suggested!!

Have a look here (even mentions the HVR3000):
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Device_Filenames_and_udev

> Another question: I don't understand, with this method, can I
> use the dvb-s and dvb-t  simultaneously?
> (e.g record some dvb-s program while
> watching dvb-t one?)
> Another time, thanks
>    -nicola

No, I think with the HVR-3000, the hardware is limited so that you can use
either DVB-S or DVB-T.  Not both at the same time.  I think (with the
latest drivers) it's possible to watch Analog + (one of) DVB-T/S but I've
never tried it.

Robert.