[mythtv-users] VDPAU w/HD-PVR and more

Matt S. skd5aner at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 16:15:14 UTC 2008

Couple of questions:

1) Has anyone tested VDPAU in trunk with recordings from the HD-PVR?
How well does it perform since from what I've read, the h.264 encoding
from and hd-pvr is slightly different/unique.  Does it offload
properly to the GPU with VDPAU and are the any benchmarks?

2) How do the temps look on the video cards with and without VDPAU
usage?  Obviously the majority of us want passively cooled video
cards, and I'm just curious how hot the suckers get when running
different codecs/samples on the GPU using VDPAU versus XV.

Thanks!
Matt