[mythtv-users] Hauppauge HD-PVR for $183.99

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Mon Dec 1 20:06:47 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 11:39:25AM -0800, Michael Drons wrote:

> [...]

    Conceptually, it works the same way as a PVR-150.

    It uses a mechanism that isn't excessively geeky and is more likely
to be used by the general population. It captures actual normal TV video
outputs. It pretty much works like any other capture card except it
captures component (analog HD ).

    Just about everyone at this point has enabled component outputs.

    Firewire may not be supported by your STB device or your provider
or in your particular area.