[mythtv-users] OT: Wiring a new construction home for A/V, Ethernet, etc

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Mon Dec 1 22:08:05 UTC 2008

On Mon, December 1, 2008 2:00 pm, Seth Daniel wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 02:56:21PM -0700, Brian Wood wrote:

>> The codes specify how the concuit is to be attached to the structure,
>> what
>> type of conduit to use (rigid, semi-rigid, and various other types).
>
> For the complete novice where can one find this code?  I assume we're
> talking about some kind of national (US) organization that writes this
> code.  Are local codes typically more restrictive?  Is there a site that
> points out differences between local codes and any 'national' code?  Or
> how about a site that directs you to a document (or documents) that
> describe local codes?

I'd go to your building department and ask them.  Each jurisdiction can
use different codes plus there are regional difference - Easto Coast is
worried about hurricanes and West Coast is concerned with earthquakes, and
the codes reflect that.

Each codes department and inspector has his/her own pet peeves as well.

You could just ask a commercial electrician to see what is needed and how
much it would cost.  Maybe one of his guys can do it on the weekend as a
side job.

--Yan

--
  o__

You are an adult when you realize that everyone's an idiot sometimes. You
are wise when you include yourself.