[mythtv-users] OT: Computer Hardware for sale

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 01:50:59 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 6:53 PM, Brad DerManouelian
<myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
> On Dec 1, 2008, at 4:42 PM, Dewey Smolka wrote:
>
>>> My mailing list is not ebay.  Further posts of this nature will not
>>> be
>>> tolerated.
>>
>> Not that I'm interested (and not that the OP wasn't well afoul of the
>> list rules), but just for reference is there any limit to what's
>> acceptable and what isn't?
>>
>> Clearly, posting a parts lists and prices is not acceptable.
>>
>> Is it acceptable to, say, post a message that, "I'm selling my old
>> backend and some other gear, please contact off list for details"? Is
>> it acceptable to submit a legitimate question or other post and finish
>> it with "I'm selling my old backend and some other gear, please
>> contact off list for details"?
>>
>> Just curious what the list owner and community think.
>>
>> Please note: I'm not selling anything and do not want to be
>> contacted off list.
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Mailing_List_etiquette
> and specifically, http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Mailing_List_etiquette#Message_Content
>
> Advertising is unsolicited spam.

Sorry everybody, I just thought this stuff might be of use to people
trying to build myth systems, nothing more.

Since hardware is a frequent topic here, would it be possible to setup
a separate mailing list for FS/WTB type exchanges? Just a thought...

Richard