[mythtv-users] OT: Wiring a new construction home for A/V, Ethernet, etc

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Tue Dec 2 02:20:50 UTC 2008

Dean Collins wrote:
> Lol I cant believe there is a code for pvc pull pipes.
>
> That's such BS.

Heh.  There is code for *everything*.  You'd be surprised.  I could show
you code for how big the sculpture has to be in your front yard, and
what materials your fence has to be made of. (No, not covenants.  Code.)

But back to the OT question.  The biggest reason for code is fire; fire
can travel through chases and burning plastic can cause toxic fumes.  It
really is important to follow code and use the correct materials,
especially if you have kids in the house.  (Kill yourself if you wish.
Your kids deserve better.  :-) )

--Yan