[mythtv-users] Just how great can VDPAU be?

Alex Butcher mythlist at assursys.co.uk
Tue Dec 2 10:52:23 UTC 2008

On Mon, 1 Dec 2008, Paul Gardiner wrote:

> Seeing as the nVidia interlace problem is associated with XV, is there
> any chance it will be fixed by use of VDPAU? I'd just love to buy
> a mobo with integrated 8XXX graphics, and for now just drive my SD
> TV via VGA=>Scart, knowing that I have HD capable hardware for when
> I eventually need it.

I think the answer is probably to go with the OpenGL video renderer with
6xxx and above. OpenGL almost works on my P4 2.53/Geforce4 440MX/combined
FE+BE, and I reckon a 6200 or better would probably manage, and with
reasonable CPU load. 6200s are pretty cheap these days, so maybe I'll give
on a whirl shortly.

The only problem that then remains is getting the fields consistently in the
right order.

> Cheers,
> 	Paul.

HTH,