[mythtv-users] Good TV-Out card for HD

Jos Hoekstra joshoekstra at gmx.net
Tue Dec 2 12:13:41 UTC 2008

Florin Andrei schreef op 2-12-2008 9:40:
> Dewey Smolka wrote:
>> I'd recommend an fx5000 or 6000 series card for now and look to
>> upgrade maybe in the spring once the new VDPAU drivers and code
>> modules have been road tested for a bit.
>
> Why, when the 8400 is 30 bucks and it's better in every single way?

Exactly: why?
I'm gessing the 30$ isn't PCI?

Cheapest PCI 5200: 55 euro
Cheapest PCI 6200: 40 euro
Cheapest PCI 6200: 40 euro
Cheapest PCI 7300: 67 euro
Cheapest PCI 8400(GS/256MB/Passive): 55 euro

Prices in the Netherlands though, PCI does make it harder to get cheap.

Why not go for a Nforce 730i nboard with cheap processor and cheap
ram?(should be around 200)(those are probably the only things you need
to change)
Besides: VDPAU isn't stable yet so why not wait half a year?

Regards,

Jos