[mythtv-users] Can the Windows MythTV project use PureVideo?

Travis Tabbal travis at tabbal.net
Tue Dec 2 16:41:06 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 9:25 AM, Kevin Kuphal <kkuphal at gmail.com> wrote:

> What part of *Windows* doesn't anyone understand

MythTV is primarily a Linux project, so it's quite possible there are only a
few Windows users here. :)

The answer to the OPs question is NO, Purevideo is not supported on Windows
with current MythTV. If you would like to submit a patch, I'm sure someone
would use it. Or you could try to talk a dev into it, if you can get the
specs to write Purevideo accel code from NVidia without lots of money and an
NDA. Good luck with that. From what I've seen, if NVidia doesn't have the
source promently posted on thier website, it's not available to open source
devs. Not that I'm complaining, what they have given us is quite nice and
usefull. Just that they can't always give out things.