[mythtv-users] mythweb/remote

jansenj jansenj+myth at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 22:07:38 UTC 2008

> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Telnet_socket#Examples

Thanks, I'll look into these.

I was still hoping someone could shed some light as to why I would be
reaching "is not responding" in the php when attempting to access a
standalone frontend from a mythweb session being served up by a
seperate backend.  Thats my fundamental problem.

What would the following be doing?

           var r = new Ajax.Request('<?php echo root ?>remote/',
                                    {
                                       parameters:
'ping='+encodeURIComponent(host),
                                     asynchronous: false
                                    });

when both of the following commands wok fine:
telnet 192.168.0.5 6546
ping 192.168.0.5
and the frontend in question shows up in the list of available
frontends, its just when I try to select it, I get the "<hostname> is
not responding" error.