[mythtv-users] Finally (re-)took the plunge on trunk

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Wed Dec 3 06:44:39 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-12-02 at 21:51 -0600, Richard Woelk wrote:
> Since I first started testing my HD-PVR on windows, I have never had a
> blank firmware, so I don't know if this is needed, but the two times I
> had to reload the firmware, I actually ran the total media extreme
> program to make sure it was working.
> You do need a video source to even preview. The HD-PVR device does
> resolution detection and won't record blank.
> It doesn't have to be high def, A tv-out from the videocard or an ipod
> video would be enough

Actually, I didn't even run a preview under windows... since it was the
newer firmware that broke the driver, I'm back on the original driver.
Problem is, that one's pre-SPDIF support.  And now I need it... I've got
the tuner all set up.  And I'm *loving* it.  Much better than firewire,
as I'm now getting *ALL* of the channels I'm paying for.  (Though it was
a bear to setup, having to go into the DCT6200 menu, which meant hooking
the box up directly to the tv, etc...)

Anyhoo - because I'm using original, pre-SPDIF firmware, and the latest
firmware apparently isn't supported by the driver yet, can anyone point
me to a firmware version that supports SPDIF that *IS* supported by
Janne's driver?

Thanks,
	-I