[mythtv-users] alsa conf question

dlknight at sdf.lonestar.org dlknight at sdf.lonestar.org
Wed Dec 3 12:46:39 UTC 2008

> I didn't figure it would be very easy to do, I don't know if it is
> possible to use dmix or copy and take one audio stream, and have it
> pass it on to iec958, then have another copy of the stream processed
> and sent out the analog port.

Which distro are you using ? Fedora outputs using ALSA via analog and
digital ports by default.

Although I have at the moment had an issue (on Fedora Core 6 and Fedora
10) where after playing AC3 through SPDIF, analog output over SPDIF stops
(but continues through the analog outputs). After some searching I found a
thread discussing a similar issue and after trying some of the suggested
resolutions I got audio running back through both SPDIF and analog outputs
(still fails again after playing AC3).

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-driver/+bug/25632

Cheers

Dave