[mythtv-users] Schedule mythfilldatabase

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Dec 3 16:25:58 UTC 2008

On 12/03/2008 07:56 AM, Jason Gauthier wrote:

> >> If you've tested it from the command line and inserted guide
> >> data, the next time it is run, nothing will be done since it will
> >> already have guide data for the next 14 days. It should run the
> >> next day when there is 13 days of guide data. I'm guessing you've
> >> waited a couple of days, but I just wanted to make sure the
> >> obvious wasn't the problem. :)
> >
> > One common problem is if mythbackend is running under a different
> > user or the $HOME environment variable isn't setup correctly which
> > can happen if you start it up at boot time. Changing the
> > 'mythfilldatabase Program" setting to something like this is one
> > way to fix it: HOME=/home/mythtv/ /usr/bin/mythfilldatabase
>
>  I understand what you are saying, but I do not believe it applies to
>  me. Mythfilldatabase is running.. just not when I want it to.
>
>  Again, my machine woke up at 2am.. and promptly shutdown.  Mythfill
>  did not attempt to run at all.

I think I know the problem.  Can you post the output of:

SELECT * FROM settings WHERE value LIKE 'MythFill%';
SELECT lastrun FROM housekeeping WHERE tag = 'MythFillDB';

so I can verify, and if either of the 2 possible issues I can think of
are the case, I'll take the time to write out the why/how to fix it.

Thanks,
Mike