[mythtv-users] Geforce 8200 already advisable, working out-of-the-box?

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Wed Dec 3 23:38:47 UTC 2008

I actually have a 8200-based mobo on my frontend. The original 8200
chipset seemed able to handle 1920x1080 with no problems (deinterlacing
on the CPU). It's very nice hardware, low power, fanless (except the
CPU), quiet. Tested with Mythbuntu 8.10 and the NVidia binary drivers
(v177 included in the distro).

Eventually I installed a GeForce 9600 GT (fanless too, with a huge
passive cooler), but that's just because this frontend is dual-boot and
I needed a more powerful GPU for 3D games.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/