[mythtv-users] Hulu Integration?

steve sfreilly at roadrunner.com
Thu Dec 4 04:06:36 UTC 2008

Andrew Barbaccia wrote:
> Another thing to note (and this is just from my experience) is that Hulu
> is very processor intensive. It uses H.264 encoding on the videos to
> allow for the high quality but kill your machine if you're on linux
> because theres no hardware support for the decode. I'm on my desktop (a
> fast machine) and it studders when playing back hulu videos.
>
> Does anyone else experience this?

around 40% with browser usage here on a lowly athlon xp 3200+ using the
"hd" playback setting.  no stutter but buffers once in a while but thats
just my "suppose to" be 10 meg connection giving much less than that at
times.  but, playback using boxee cpu is in 80% range.

--
Steve Reilly

http://reillyblog.com