[mythtv-users] NetFlix MythTV integration

Josh TwoOneSix at thatclothingco.com
Thu Dec 4 17:17:54 UTC 2008

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 11:30 AM, Brad DerManouelian
<myth at dermanouelian.com>wrote:

> I got an email that I can now use NetFlix's Watch Now feature on my
> Mac. It requires Microsoft's Silverlight plugin. I did a quick search
> and found the Moonlight project (open source version of Silverlight)
> http://www.mono-project.com/Moonlight
>
> So now I'm curious if we can start thinking about a Watch Now feature
> in MythTV using Moonlight. Any thoughts?
>
> -Brad

Moonlight has had poor support for video and especially with DRM in the
past. It couldn't even display this years Olympic web site content. If I
were you I would install the moonlight 2 plug-in from their site and see
what you can get working on the NetFlix site... I no longer have NetFlix or
I would try it out.

http://www.go-mono.com/moonlight/