[mythtv-users] What is a "dual core processor"?

Jeff Thurston jthurston at skyline-ats.com
Thu Dec 4 19:00:05 UTC 2008

Sorry for the top-post, I use Outlook :/

Hyperthreading has been described by many as "latency hiding".
I won't go into gory detail of what that means, but the simple answer is
"No." it is nothing close to dual-core. It was/is mostly a gimmick to get
around the poor performance of the early Pentium4 design.
For AV processing, hyperthreading could even hurt your performance.