[mythtv-users] Hulu Integration?

jarpublic at gmail.com jarpublic at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 20:37:48 UTC 2008

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 3:06 PM, Michael Lynch <lynchmv at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 3:01 PM, Brad DerManouelian
> <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
>>
>> I think you can download their stuff from here: http://www.limesg.com/neuros/ubuntu/
>> But someone smarter than me would need to explain exactly how to use
>> all that. I guess I need to get up to Ubuntu 8.10 as a start.
>>
>> -Brad
>
> Perhaps http://www.limesg.com/neuros/neurostvpc/pool/main/m/ would be
> a good starting point?

That is a apt repository. It looks like it is a mirror. The official
one seems to be at http://us.archive.neuros.tv/. The OSD1 and OSD2 are
the Neuros PVRs. I assume the neurostvpc is the Neuros Link. You can
look at http://us.archive.neuros.tv/neurostvpc/dists/intrepid/main/binary-i386/Packages
for a text file of the packages in neurostvpc ubuntu intrepid
repository. You can add this repository in Ubuntu by adding:

deb http://us.archive.neuros.tv/neurostvpc intrepid main

to your /etc/apt/sources.list file. I checked out what I could see
from that repository in synaptic. Funny enough that repository
basically contains a modified mythbuntu install. The change the
artwork and themes to neuros stuff. They modifie firefox in the
following way:

  * Set Firefox to open as fullscreen
  * Set Firefox default url to http://app.neuros.tv
  * Set better performance options in Firefox config
  * Install fullscreen firefox extension

If you go to app.neuros.tv you can sign up, but I couldn't see any
shows or anything. I don't have a dev box and I just got my mythtv
working again after some raid issues, so I better not mess around with
my installation right now. It seems like it should be easy to get this
working if you those apt packages install correctly.