[mythtv-users] Comcast clear QAM

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Thu Dec 4 21:31:05 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-12-04 at 10:15 -0800, Jeff Thurston wrote:
> Hello, I live in the SF Bay Area and have Comcast, I can get clear QAM
> channels in HD just fine with my TV directly,
> as well as through firewire on my DCH-3200 STB (Except for HD CBS or FOX
> anyone know why?).

With Firewire, I wasn't able to get CBS or for either through my
DCT-6200.  (I'm also in the Bay Area using Comcast.)  Most likely,
they've slapped 5C encryption on the channels, and I'm too tired to
fight them anymore... That's why I'm glad I finally setup my HD-PVR.
Those problems are history...

> Recently I purchased a Hauppauge HVR1250, I added my ComcastDigital Lineup
> to the card and performed a channel scan.
> The scan finds a ton of encrypted channels, others with no tables, and then
> the usual clear QAM versions of the local broadcasters.
> My problem is that when I try to watch any of the clear QAM channels, Myth
> won't get a lock. The only channel I seem to get on the HVR-1250 is PBS-HD.
> The DCH-3200/Firewire still works just fine.
>
> What am I doing wrong?? Is it even possible to use the same lineup for two
> sources of the same content? - DCH-3200 & HVR-1250 ?

Yep, it is.  Just use the channel editor...

	-I