[mythtv-users] mythweb/remote

jansenj jansenj+myth at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 22:04:36 UTC 2008

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 2:45 PM, Xavier Hervy
<xavier.hervy at bluebottle.com> wrote:
> jansenj wrote:
>>
>> I assume by networkcontrols, you mean the mythcontrols package, and
>> yes, it is installed.
>>

> no, mythcontrol is to do with the key bings.
> As state in my earliest post, you need to activate the telnet interface
> Setup -> general -> 4th screen -> enable network remote
> You can check if it is workin with :
> telnet <frontend ip> 6546
> Xavier

I already posted that the telnet works fine to the frontend, I have no
clue was meant by networkcontrols needing to be separately installed,
but the network remote control interface is enabled and verified to be
functional from both a windows box and from the backend.

If I load do the following:
http://<backend>/mythweb/remote/?ping=<backendname> -- works as expected
http://<backend>/mythweb/remote/?ping=<backendip> -- does not work
http://<backend>/mythweb/remote/?ping=<frontendname> -- does not work
http://<backend>/mythweb/remote/?ping=<frontendip> -- does not work

So obviously you can't pass in an ip address into this ping request,
so its almost as if the backend doesn't know how to resolve the
<frontendname> that it is getting out the database I assume.  I'm
getting the feeling I need to give up on this.  I'm not getting any
new information at this point, so I think I'm going to have to give up
on getting mythweb/remote to work for a remote frontend.