[mythtv-users] Comcast clear QAM

freedenizen freedenizen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 00:20:37 UTC 2008

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 10:15 AM, Jeff Thurston
<jthurston at skyline-ats.com> wrote:

> Hello, I live in the SF Bay Area and have Comcast, I can get clear QAM
> channels in HD just fine with my TV directly,
> as well as through firewire on my DCH-3200 STB (Except for HD CBS or FOX
> anyone know why?).

I went through a fight with the FCC, the ieee1394 trade organization,
eff, and comcast about this.  Comcast's argument is that it must be
CBS and FOX that are putting 5C on it cause comcast just passes down
whatever the broadcaster sends them.  I think it is a bunch of bull
and FCC regulations require them to pass the OTA channels in such a
way as for them to be available on the firewire port, which they
aren't.  After months of fights (this was quite a while ago) I got no
where and gave up.  You are welcome to have another go at it.