[mythtv-users] MythSqueezeBox RPMs and DEB files

stuart stuart at xnet.com
Fri Dec 5 02:18:27 UTC 2008

George Galt wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 3:57 PM, Info at pc-copy.de <info at pc-copy.de> wrote:
>> Is somebody working on that?

(Bottom.. bottom... ...)

There are a number of ways to control another SqueezeCenter (aka
slimserver) client.  Usually you talk to the server over the CLI using
slightly cryptic text like commands.  You can "telnet <serverIP> 9090"
and give it a go right now.  I've thought about this feature but in the
end it didn't appeal to me that much.  The ability to point a browser at
the server and do the same kind-of made adding it to an individual
client redundant.  I guess the only thing I would really want is a easy
way to shut down all clients, say, when I leave the house.  You could
probably do that in a simple sh,csh or bash script.