[mythtv-users] Quiet fans redux - ping Pete

Peter Loron peterl at standingwave.org
Fri Dec 5 21:05:51 UTC 2008

On Dec 5, 2008, at 9:00 AM, Yan Seiner wrote:

> Back in October we had a discussion about quiet fans.  Pete, a list
> member, was going to breadboard a PWM controller for fans.
>
> So, ping Pete!  Any progress?  :-)
>
> --Yan

Actually, yes!  :-)

It's gone much slower than I wanted, but real life keeps getting in
the way. I've gone through parts selection, and gotten a breadboard
prototype together. I'm working through some kinks there. Hopefully
this weekend I'll be able to spend enough time on it (projects like
this have a lower WAF than weeding the garden, etc) to get the
hardware nailed down so I can start in earnest on the microcontroller
code.

I obviously won't meet my original internal goal of having something
out in the wild by Jan 1, but hopefully early in Q1 I'll have some
boards made up and in the hands of some of you early adopter types.  :-)

Thanks.

-Pete