[mythtv-users] mythconverg_restore problem

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Dec 5 21:16:01 UTC 2008

On 12/05/2008 03:07 PM, Jack McGee wrote:
> I am trying to restore my database and output looks like this:
>
> $ perl mythconverg_restore.pl --username=root
> ERROR 1049 (42000) at line 11: Unknown database 'Getopt::Long'
>
> I dropped the database first.
>
> the backuprc file looks like this:
>
> DBBackupDirectory=/mnt/bigboymnt/mythbackup
> create_database=/usr/share/mythtv/sql/mc.sql
> DBPassword=5225

First, I have to say, nice job in reading the wiki page /and/ the --help
output for the script (as you're doing stuff that the wiki page didn't
even give a "shortcut" example of :).

After that, though, I don't know that I'll be much help.  "Error 1049"
is coming from MySQL when it's given a copy of the restore script to
execute.  I don't know why it's trying to send a copy of the script
itself to the database, though.

Can you try running:

perl mythconverg_restore.pl --username=root --verbose

and paste the output.

BTW, did you use mythconverg_backup.pl to create the backup file?  (You
don't need to--it should work with any backup created with
mysqldump--but knowing would help me figure out what's working and
what's not on your system.)

Mike