[mythtv-users] mythconverg_restore problem

Jack McGee jack at greendesk.net
Sat Dec 6 01:39:22 UTC 2008

Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Can you try running:
>
> perl mythconverg_restore.pl --username=root --verbose
>
> and paste the output.
>
> BTW, did you use mythconverg_backup.pl to create the backup file?  (You
> don't need to--it should work with any backup created with
> mysqldump--but knowing would help me figure out what's working and
> what's not on your system.)

Yes, I used mythconverg_backup.pl to create the backup(s).

Here the output:

$ perl mythconverg_restore.pl --username=root --verbose

Configuring environment:
  -    username:  mythtv
  -        HOME:  /home/mythtv
  - MYTHCONFDIR:  /home/mythtv/.mythtv

Parsing configuration files:
  - checking:  /home/mythtv/.mythtv/config.xml
     parsing:  /home/mythtv/.mythtv/config.xml
  - checking:  /home/mythtv/.mythtv/backuprc
     parsing:  /home/mythtv/.mythtv/backuprc

Applying command-line arguments.

Checking configuration.

No filename specified. Attempting to find the newest database backup.
Using database backup file:
/mnt/bigboymnt/mythbackup/mythconverg_restore.pl

Database Information:
         DBHostName:  localhost
             DBPort:  0
         DBUserName:  root
         DBPassword:  XXX
             DBName:  mythconverg
        DBSchemaVer:
  DBBackupDirectory:  /mnt/bigboymnt/mythbackup
   DBBackupFilename:  mythconverg_restore.pl
    create_database:  /usr/share/mythtv/sql/mc.sql

Executables:
       mysql_client:  mysql
         uncompress:  gzip -d

Miscellaneous:
    partial_restore:  no
   restore_xmltvids:  no
    change_hostname:  no

Checking database.

Found 0 tables in the database.

Backup file is uncompressed.

Attempting to use supplied password for mysql command-line client.
Any [client] or [mysql] password specified in the MySQL options file will
take precedence.

Executing command:
mysql --defaults-extra-file='/tmp/PTDq_v9QaA' --host='localhost'
--user='root' mythconverg
ERROR 1049 (42000) at line 11: Unknown database 'Getopt::Long'

mysql exited with status:  256

Restored 1528 of 1528 lines.