[mythtv-users] PVR 350/250/150 replacement?

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sat Dec 6 19:11:11 UTC 2008

Nick Rout wrote:
> most dvb-s cards work fine. linuxtv.org has a dvb wiki that has ifoon
> what has drivers and what doesn't
>
> On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 7:41 PM, Scott Harris <scott at webhounds.net> wrote:
>
>> I use satellite and I think my PVR 350 is going south after 4 years of
>> faithful service.
>> Most everything out there now is digital/HDTV.  What is the defacto
>> replacement?

Considering the OP mailed from an SBC address, I'm going to presume that
the "satellite" he speaks of is Dish Network, the broadcast stream is
encrypted, and he must use an STB and capture card (rather than DVB-S
tuner).

You can still pick up a PVR-150 at some online retailers, or off ebay.
You may also want to check the IVTV supported cards list; some
non-Hauppauge cards might be easier to find.  Aside from that, the
HVR-1600 and HDPVR are still being produced with analog encoders
compatible with mythtv.