[mythtv-users] Low Power Frontends (in anticipation of nvidia's new API)

Matthew Asplund mattasplund at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 02:11:08 UTC 2008

Also, I have a question about the abilities of VDPAU.  Is it only h.264?  I
have a system with 2 HDHomeRun units, and I have a potential front-end with
a Sempron at 1.6 GHz.  Right now it cannot keep up with normal HD channels,
and I would like to fix that, but they are mpeg2 streams, not h.264.  Will
VDPAU help with them?

Oh, and also, if I upgrade to the dev versions, will I still be able to
connect to my back end?  I know that with every previous upgrade, I have had
to upgrade the back end to get compatability.

Matthew Asplund