[mythtv-users] not finding new videos

Steve Heistand steve at heistand.org
Sun Dec 7 03:16:31 UTC 2008

Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com>, said on Sun Dec 07, 2008 [04:02:59 PM]:
} On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 3:57 PM, Steve Heistand <steve at heistand.org> wrote:
} > } >
} > }
} > } You have to go into Setup, video manager and it will reindex them all.
} >
} > didnt help :(
} >
}
} ownership or permissions of the files?
}
} extension of the files (eg .avi) not a registered type - some like mkv
} (IIRC) are not there by default in mythvideo

ownership and perms are the same as all the other files in the directory.
also tried exiting mythfrontend but it didnt see them then either.
I dont see a "scan" button when I go into the video manager.
is it automatic just by entering it?

since the update recently for vdpau attempts it doesnt look like
its updated any videos Ive put into the tree. It may have horked
up the file exentions and not looking at anything new. will
give that a shot shortly.

--
"Why is it so hot inside this handbasket?"
steve at heistand.org