[mythtv-users] PVR 350/250/150 replacement?

Scott Harris scott at webhounds.net
Sun Dec 7 05:04:49 UTC 2008

Raymond Wagner wrote:
> Nick Rout wrote:
>
>> most dvb-s cards work fine. linuxtv.org has a dvb wiki that has ifoon
>> what has drivers and what doesn't
>>
>> On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 7:41 PM, Scott Harris <scott at webhounds.net> wrote:
>>

>>> I use satellite and I think my PVR 350 is going south after 4 years of
>>> faithful service.
>>> Most everything out there now is digital/HDTV.  What is the defacto
>>> replacement?
>>>

> Considering the OP mailed from an SBC address, I'm going to presume that
> the "satellite" he speaks of is Dish Network, the broadcast stream is
> encrypted, and he must use an STB and capture card (rather than DVB-S
> tuner).
>
> You can still pick up a PVR-150 at some online retailers, or off ebay.
> You may also want to check the IVTV supported cards list; some
> non-Hauppauge cards might be easier to find.  Aside from that, the
> HVR-1600 and HDPVR are still being produced with analog encoders
> compatible with mythtv.

Thanks for the info.  I'm actually with DirecTV.  The AT&T UVerse folks
came peddling their stuff but the TV portion didn't offer any advantages
over
what I'm doing now as I would still need STBs.  But I was able to get a
great
speed connection (quiet you FIOS people ;) for 10M down and 1.5 up.  That
is why I have the sbc ties.

Thanks again for the info.

Scot