[mythtv-users] OT: audio solution for bathroom to play collection from desktop (FE)

Christopher X. Candreva chris at westnet.com
Mon Dec 8 01:29:10 UTC 2008

On Sun, 7 Dec 2008, Bobby Gill wrote:

> the fam are buggin' the hell outta me to get an audio solution that plays
> from my desktop (I use MPD) to the bathroom. For example one bathroom opens
> into the bedroom with the box, distance is maybe ~15 feet straight.

Not quite what you are asking about, but as an old-fashioned person myself I
use a FM transmitter to broadcast the signal from my main stereo throughout
the house. I have the first generation of this from Ramsey kits:
http://www.ramseyelectronics.com/cgi-bin/commerce.exe?preadd=action&key=FM25B

Obviously with this, you don't get to choose what to play at each location.
What I like is being able to go from room to room and hear the same thing.
In my case it also lets someone leave the room durring a familyh movie and
still keep up with the dialog at least.