[mythtv-users] Some recordings do not appear in Watch Recordings but file is on hard drive and was in Upcoming Recordings?

nospam312 nospam312 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 10:22:43 UTC 2008

> Does anyone know what could be causing some of my recordings to not
> appear in the Watch Recordings list.
> It only affects some recordings and I have not found a pattern.
> If I look in my recordings directory the MPG file is present,
> approximately the correct file size and if I double click it it plays
> in an external player.
> It just looks like MythTV has not added it to the Watch Recordings
> list for some reason.

I am posting to see if anyone has any further information on what
could be causing this or whether someone could help me locate what the
problem is.

I have recently updated to Mythbuntu 8.1 and now have completely
different tuners (Hauppauge's  DVB-T USB) and I still have the same
problem.  This seems to point to something in the MPG that MythTV does
not like.  The MPG file is created on the hard drive.

Something is stopping MythTV from adding the record to the Watch
Recordings list (it does appear in Upcoming Recordings and is
displayed as currently recording).  This problems appears to be quite
random and can affect any channel or tuner.

I do not have any filters on the Watch Recordings screen, the record
is not added to the database for some reason so it can never appear.

Could anyone suggest log parameters to help me find what the problem could be?

Thanks