[mythtv-users] OT: Headphone splitter

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 04:04:03 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 7:47 PM, Steve Hodge <stevehodge at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 4:30 PM, Bobby Gill <bobbygill at rogers.com> wrote:
>>
>> Anyone know of a splitter that can split one pair of headphones to two
>> outputs? I have been googling like hell and can only find splitters that
>> allow one output to be split to two headphones or more, but I want it the
>> opposite-- one headphone able to hear two outputs.
>
> I think you need to search for "headphone mixer" instead of "headphone
> splitter". Then Google returns plenty of options, e.g.:
> http://www.zzounds.com/item--RLLHA43
>
> Regards,
> Steve

that link is actually a splitter for driving 4 headphones from a single source.
It is correct that what he wants is a mixer.  Many mixers have mono
inputs and only some will drive headphones.  Really depends on the
details so check these out:
http://www.zzounds.com/prodsearch?q=mixer&cat=2846&cat2=&ob=p19&rl=&rh=&button=search/filter&form=search

Allen