[mythtv-users] PiP problems with hauppauge..

nicola76b at libero.it nicola76b at libero.it
Wed Dec 10 10:20:50 UTC 2008

I've followed instructions in post "problem on hybrid card that share same bus"
as suggested from Robert.
Now, after many attempts, I'm ready for new problem.

I think to understood that, with Hauppauge HVR3000, I cannot use at the same
time DVBS and DVBT, and this is ok.

The first time I setup ONLY dvbs part of
the card, search for channels (all ok), and start watching tv. All works, and
if I require for the PiP, card show me the little windows (strange behavior, I
added ONLY dvbs..)

The second time I remove ALL (card, video source,
connection, channels..) and setup ONLY dvbt part of the card, search for
channels (all ok), and start watching tv. I can see transmissions but if I
require for a PiP, nothing happen and in the frontend logs I can find:

TV
Error: Pip failed to locate recorder
TV: Attemping to change from
WatchingLiveTV to None
TV: Changing from WatchingLiveTV to None

1) any
suggestion?
2) ..moreover when I try to setup also dvbt and dvbs, channels were
found, but when I start the frontend only dvbs programs are visibles (I can't
switch with "Y" key and when I open PiP only dvbs channel are showing in both
windows..)

Thank you very much
  -nicola