[mythtv-users] Logitech Harmony 670 Remote +++++

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Dec 10 14:59:24 UTC 2008

On Dec 10, 2008, at 6:47 AM, Andrew Close wrote:

<snip>

> well, i just received a new Harmony Logitech 670 Universal Remote
> yesterday in the mail (early Christmas present i guess :)

<snip>

I have a similar story with my Logitech 880 remote. Here's a tip for
you.... Find a button you don't use (like the Power button) and assign
it a key in .lircrc. Then remap that key to the Main Menu jumppoint.
Then program your Logitech remote to issue that command when you hit
the Power Off button. Now every time you hit Power Off on the Logitech
remote, MythTV jumps from whatever it was doing to the Main Menu. I no
longer worry that someone has left something playing or even worse -
LiveTV using up valuable CPU/disk bandwidth while no one is watching
it. It's been the single best thing about getting this remote.

Of course, that and the fact that I can hit single buttons to switch
from watching MythTV to play Wii, PS3, XBox-360, listen to streamed
music, listen to vinyl, listen to SA-CD's, radio, etc, and all the
components turn on/off and to their correct inputs like they're
obeying my every whim.

-Brad