[mythtv-users] Frontend for HD Content question.

Nick Ellson grimm at nickellson.com
Wed Dec 10 15:29:43 UTC 2008

I just added a HDHomeRun box in preparation for Feb's switch to Digital
OTA signals. So my existing MythTV system uses a backend with two PVR500's
and two frontends with nVidia motherboards, specifically with the
nVidia Corporation GeForce 7050 PV / nForce 630a (rev a2) Video display.

When I use the MythTV Tuner to select my HDHomeRun Tuners, I see the HD
content on my HDMI output, but it has a noticable jerkiness to it. Frame
someone I know who recommended this MB for HD content (using it as an
all-in-one myth system) has no issues so I was wondering if my setup
probably requires just a bit of tweaking, or if it's the HDHomeRun
network based stream that may be my issue.

I am looking for some ideas on things I can look into?

And, would I be correct in my assumption that to watch HDTV live, my
Mythbackend is streaming the content from my HDHomeRun to hard disk, and
then re-streaming that file to my FrontEnd for playback?

Nick

--
Nick Ellson
CCIE# 20018