[mythtv-users] RSS feed of mythtv-users

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 03:24:46 UTC 2008

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 3:50 PM, stan <stanlist at cox.net> wrote:
> Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 21:04:22 -0400
> From: Greg Estabrooks <greg at phaze.org>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] RSS feed of mythtv-users
> To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>
>> Is everything sent to the mythtv-users list also sent through the RSS
> feed?
>> (i.e. will I miss anything?)
>
>  What RSS feed? If someone has such a thing it's not "official".
>
>> If I unsubscribe from the mythtv-users list will I still be able to post
>> mythtv-users?
>
>  No you would have to be subscribed to post.
>
>  But I think you can configure the list to be subscribed but not
> receive the emails.
>
> There is an RSS button on this mythtv-users page
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/
>
> Now I don't understand the relationship between gossamer-threads and the
> mythtv-users listserv.

Being the admin and founder of the mythtv-nz mailing list, I can say
that there is no formal connection between my list and gossamer. I
simply asked them if they would archive mythtv-nz in the same way as
they do user, dev, commit etc. They kindly did so. They subscribed to
the list and feed it into their archiving engine.

They do a much better job than mailman, but they aren't the only
archiver out there. They just do it for fun/as a service as far as I
can see. There are a lot of lists archived there:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/

Yes the rss feed is a great feature.

Thanks gossamer, great job!