[mythtv-users] A call to French users about TNT SAT

Nicolas Will nico at youplala.net
Thu Dec 11 08:11:02 UTC 2008

Hi all,

Is there any French user on the list that could inform me cleverly about
the TNT SAT situation in France, and its impact on usage with MythTV.

What I am reading is worrying. It is free, but with a Viaccess 3.0 card
linked to a specific receiver, thus preventing the use of the card with,
let's say, a PCI card.

The fact that in may be in breach of a few French and European laws is
there, but how does it translate to its use with MythTV?

For non-French readers, TNT SAT is the equivalent of Freesat in the UK,
giving "free" access to the French equivalent of Freeview to viewers in
bad coverage zones. It is operated by the French equivalent of Sky,
though.

Nico