[mythtv-users] Nvidia 9400 motherboard GIGABYTE GA-E7AUM-DS2H LGA

Kingsley Turner krt at krt.com.au
Thu Dec 11 13:03:44 UTC 2008

Chuck Peters wrote:
> I was looking at the new Nvidia 9300/9400 boards because of the
> upcoming myth support for VDPAU.  However it is much more important
> that I get something reliable, if the past is any indication he will
> be using this machine for 5 years or more.  Do you think this
> motherboard is a good choice?
>
> So far not too many people have reviewed the board on Newegg {1] and I
> haven't seen any Linux/Ubuntu users on the avsforum thread. [2]
>
> Has anyone tried this board out with MythTV or Ubuntu yet?

Yep, it's running fine.  I've had it installed for 2 weeks so far.

I'm outputting to analog VGA video out since my Samsung 40" doesn't
handle DVI / HDMI in the native panel resolution (1360x768).

Anyway, so far so good.  As others have said, I've waiting for VDPAU to
come online.  I might go beta, but it took me some time to get SPDIF
audio out working, so I'm hesitant to go offline (even for a few hours)
again so soon.

cheers,
-kt