[mythtv-users] kernel-suspend2 for EL5 on atrpms?

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 14:04:15 UTC 2008

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 2:09 AM, Brad Benson <bbenso1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to get suspend-to-ram working on my newly-installed CentOS 5.2
> backend and I keep running across references to this repo:
>
> http://atrpms.net/dist/el5/kernel-suspend2/
>
> However, I can't find it.  I get 404 errors from that URL.  I've found a
> similar one:
>
> http://www.atrpms.net/dist/el5/kernel-tuxonice/
>
> But that one currently seems to be empty.  Anyone have any idea where I can
> find a kernel RPM that will support suspend-to-ram for CentOS 5?  Preferably
> a PAE kernel as this box has 4GB of ram, but at this point I'll take any
> kernel so I can at least test and make sure I can get STR to work at all.
>
> Thanks,
> Brad Benson

Brad,

The name of the Suspend2 project was changed to TuxOnIce a while back
to avoid confusion with other efforts.  ATRPMs doesn't always have all
the RPM pieces for CentOS support of TuxOnIce, but the missing ones,
specifically the kernel-tuxonice RPM can usually be found at Matthias
Hensler's website (which I understand is the source for Axel's
TuxOnIce RPMs, anyway).  Check out http://mhensler.de/swsusp/.

In addition, I am sending your inquiry to the TuxOnIce mailing list
where you can find additional support for resolving issues.

HTH.

Craig.