[mythtv-users] Using DirecTV

Brent Norris brent at brentnorris.net
Thu Dec 11 18:40:09 UTC 2008

Brad DerManouelian wrote:

> I set my STB to remove the OSD after 2 seconds and I put a 2 second
> delay after my channel change script so I don't get any OSD in my
> programs. I don't watch LiveTV at all so I don't mind the extra 2
> seconds to change a channel and I have programs globally set to record
> 15 seconds early (soft padding) so I don't miss anything.

It is funny that I have intentionally setup my system so that it doesn't
remove the OSD because that has always helped me diagnose any issues or
why I missed the start of a show or something.

If the show is in the middle when the recording starts I just look up at
the clock on the OSD and then realize that it is because Comedy Central
started the Daily Show 2 minutes before they were supposed to, not
because my MythTV setup had a problem.  The OSD has never really
bothered me.

Brent