[mythtv-users] Myth won't play DVDs, video is shaky

The GUIGuy linux at finalfiler.com
Thu Dec 11 22:06:03 UTC 2008

Andrew wrote:

> I’m new to MythTV, so I have not familiarized myself with all of the
> settings yet. I’m not sure why it defaulted to CPU+. My system can
> handle Normal without a problem.
>

 > I’ve still got a small black bar at the bottom of the screen >(neglected
 > to mention that in my first email). I’m hoping to get rid of it. It
 > shows up at the bottom, not on any other side of the screen.

Screen refresh rates maybe? I'm downunder and initially had some
problems getting the picture to fill the screen on our LG 42" 1080p LCD
screen.

I'm in Australia where we use PAL at 25 frames ps. The nvidia card's
output that worked best is 1980 X 1080 at 75hz, ie the refresh rate
being a multiple of the 25 ps.

de-interlacing still leaves me disappointed so for fast action sports we
switch the LCD's inbuilt tuner.

> I’d prefer to try to get the internal mythtv player to work before I try
> to use an external one like mplayer per your suggestion…

I've had no luck getting the internal player to work with video DVDs,
protected or otherwise. libcss etc is installed. Like the other poster I
settled for mplayer.

Cheers

--
The GuiGuy