[mythtv-users] Mytharchive errors

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Fri Dec 12 04:10:42 UTC 2008

Rod Smith wrote:
> On Thursday 11 December 2008 09:20:56 pm Harry Devine wrote:
>
>> Rod Smith wrote:
>>
>>> For *ME*, the script I wrote (and that you've got), which uses mencoder,
>>> does a better job than MythArchive's transcoding. I can't promise it'll
>>> work better for you, though; there are just too many variables at play to
>>> be sure what'll work best.
>>>
>> I finally go around to trying your script.  I had to go and download
>> midentify, rename it from midentify.sh to midentify and make it 555.
>> After I run the script and answer the questions, I get "Error parsing
>> option on the command line: -o".  Here's the output (I may have answered
>> some questions wrong, just based on my own lack of understanding or just
>> flat-out guessing!):
>>
>> hdevine at hdevine-desktop:/usr/bin$ sudo mytranscode
>> Transcode script. Input file is  and output file is
>>

> You've got to pass the script the input and output filenames, as in:
>
> mytranscode foo.nuv bar.mpg

Yeah, I realized that after I posted that message.  Anyway, I was able
to transcode the file to an mpg file, but when I play it, I don't have
any sound.  I selected option 2 in your script ("Convert original audio
track to 2-channel AC3") because option 1 ("Copy original audio track
unmodified") gave an error concerning -oac "copy" not being right.  The
video looked good but like I said, no audio.

What would you recommend for the audio to get it working?

Thanks,
Harry